Big changes take time and can seem daunting, but what an amazing feeling when it all comes together! I am better for all the learning I had to do to make this possible! I hope you find all of the content and new features helpful and that you enjoy it!
I spent many, many late nights working on things called plug-ins, widgets, HTML, code, themes, menus, tutorials, mail programs, and many other tools. I also spent lots of time looking at other blogs (then getting sucked in and spending tons of time browsing!) trying to make sure this new site had everything I wanted it to have.
I am still, even a year and a half in, still a newbie blogger! I am learning everyday and I am loving every minute of it! I am just going to go over a few of the new features that you will see when you are looking around, please look around! 😉
- I re-organized the menu titles and the layout! I am really excited about this because the information was all over the place on the old blog… OCD JJ doesn’t like that 🙁 Now things will be grouped with their friends in an orderly fashion.
- There are my main menu titles: About me, Why I choose Young Living, My Programs, References, and Contact me.
- There is also a menu with the categories I write about: Life, Family, Simply Living, Young Living, 21 Day Challenge, and Clean Eating. You can click on these and it will bring up all of the posts I have written and tagged as that category! YAY! These tags are something I will probably change or add to, I have some fun ideas I am working on!
- Its pretty!
- I love the picture sliders! At the top of the main page and also on the side bar where my Instagram feed is! You can click on them and go to where it was posted… whoop!
- I updated content and best of all… my graphics! I found this amazing resource… Canva! It is free, totally customizable and graphics looks beautiful!
- I also know there are other things I can do, such as change my background (I know this because I downloaded it, just haven’t tried to…yet!)
- I have a new newsletter system and many other behind the scenes programs set into place. I am also utilizing Google Analytics. This is boring and makes no difference for most people, but I am doing these things to track who is reading! NO, it’s not creepy… I am just trying to figure out what everyone wants to read, and these things help me do that! I tell you, this took a ton of brain power and quite a few essential oils… but I figured it out and made it happen – BOOM!
- I am learning to monetize my blog! This has been a goal for me for a long time so it’s huge that it is happening! You will notice on some pages there will be a (*) or an affiliate disclaimer. Please don’t let this freak you out, It just means I am promoting something or someone who I think will add value to your daily life, that I too use and I will make a small commission if you choose to use my link to purchase whatever it is. I will not EVER promote anything that doesn’t align with my values. You can find out more here and here
- I have an Amazon store! (Find it under Resources) You will find all the products I order every month and also other things my family and I use… movies, books, food, back to school stuff, household, essential oil tools, kitchen products, office and organization, the list goes on! Check it out!
There are many more things that have changed, and I truly hope you have fun looking around and figuring it out! I would love to hear what you all have to say, so comment below and I would LOVE it if you could share this and help me spread the word!