I think the biggest difference my husband and I have is that I am a perpetual dreamer, thinker, creative woo-woo and he is a very realistic, right-here, right-now thinker. I am from a family of figure it out and do it yourself people. He is from a family that finds a job or a task, works it, and becomes the best at it as they can be. Both are great ways of thinking, but they are also quite different! I have to say, he is starting to come around to my way of thinking!
I have always known I wanted to own my own business, be my own boss and live financially free. Unfortunately, having the random creative brain that I have, this is not as easy as it sounds! I have had multiple network marketing businesses, but until 2011, I never found something that moved me and gave me a passion, most importantly gave me my “why” and allowed me to really dream about the possibilities. I have truly found a love and a passion for natural living, and my dreams have been growing ever since. When a friend suggested I start a blog, this passion grew to yet another level and I knew that I wanted to share my healthy lifestyle and my enthusiasm for becoming an entrepreneur. Ultimately, it become a need to help other moms find their passion and to create their own business to create the financial freedom they seek and allow them the joy of being a stay at home mom, too!
Another dream of mine is to write a book. I always wondered how in the world I could write a book, what would it even be about? I am happy to announce, I am in the process of writing an ebook that will be available right here on my blog!! I am excited to finish it up and share it with the world! (EEEEKKK!!)
How I DO my dreams
Like Nike says, just do it! Taking the first step is always the hardest. Whether you are trying to lose weight, save money, eat better, be more present, get your life organized, make a million dollars or write a book, it all starts the same… JUST START!
Obviously, this is much easier said than done, so here are a few tips on how you can start to make your dreams become your reality!
- Write it down! Look at it everyday, remind yourself what you are doing and why. You will be much more likely to follow though and make it happen!
- Create a vision board! Really sit down and think about what you want and why. Make it pretty and put it over your desk or in your bathroom so you see it as often as possible!
- Make a plan! You can dream all you want, but until you make a plan and implement it, it is just a plan. How will you get there? What are the steps you need to take? Set small goals that lead up to the big one! (Also, the big one will probably change and that is OK, just adjust your steps accordingly)
- Tell someone! Make sure it is someone you trust who will NEVER tell you your dream is too big or that it won’t happen. You do not need that kind of negativity in your life, no dream is too big… ever! The right person will hold you accountable, with love and support. (and you will probably inspire them to dream a bit, too!)
- Make it happen! Start today, with step one, I promise you will not regret it! No excuses, baby steps are steps just the same.
You will either create and live your dream or you will help someone else live theirs!
My number one priority has always been to enjoy my kids while they were little and I was able to stay home with them. (I think I nailed that dream!) But, for the last couple years, I also have been trying to figure out what is ‘next’. I am blessed to have found my passion, and with my kids both in school full time in a couple weeks, I am at a place where I can devote tons of time to making my dreams into a reality. But, if I could go back (no regrets 😉 ) and just start in 2011, when I realized how important a healthy lifestyle is, I can only imagine where I’d be right now. Not just for me, but for my kids, my husband and all the families I could have been helping.
A great place for anyone to start doing their dream, is networking with like-minded people. I have met many and I follow them on social media and go to events whenever possible. The knowledge I have gained is priceless! Recently, I was lucky enough to have met Debrina Wright-Williams on Facebook. She is the creator of the Dreamers 2 Doers Retreat inspired by The Desire Map, and the one who gave me this amazing opportunity to be a part of this, my first blog crawl. She has an entire program and a retreat designed to help you realize your dreams and DO them!
I still have a lot of work to do to get to my ultimate goal of financial freedom and helping others get there, too. But, I know I am on the right track. So, I want to ask you:
How do you DO your dream?
I would love to hear what you are doing to make your dreams come true, or what your dreams are! Maybe I can help you start to DO your dream!
If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough!
Please leave your response in the comments and find more on this using #Dreamers2Doers and, please share this post with you friends and family, too!