In an effort to keep it simple, you do!
Diets don’t work
Detoxing doesn’t have to be scary
You do not have to only drink juice and water for 6 months to clean our the toxins and build up. (in fact, I do NOT recommend that to anyone) You can make it what works for you, but you will need to take the process seriously. You can’t do a part time job and expect full time benefits! Getting your mind in the right place before beginning is also crucial. We are told that junk food is meant to be a “treat”. (Ice cream after a Dr. appointment, drive thru if you are good in the store, etc.) So it is no wonder that when we want to lose weight and you think you are supposed to cut calories (no fries, chocolate, ice cream) we feel deprived. When you are detoxing your body, it is important to know why you are doing it and get your head around the fact that you will not be eating those things, and for ____ reason.
To say calories are the problem is a completely false statement that we can get into later
My elimination diet experience
You can follow along and get all of the resources you need as a member of Simply Living Academy!
Here are the steps you will take on this journey:
- Decide you want to change something! Symptoms: mood, skin, digestion, emotional eating, cravings, weight, diagnosis, etc. Emotions and how you feel daily is a BIG thing to consider, educate yourself and get more in tune with your body. The reasons are endless. Just make sure you are ready to commit. You do not want to start something if you are only going to end up disappointed. The purpose of the program and resources available to you in the Academy is to support you because it isn’t going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it.
- Learn the basics. You want to be sure you know what you are getting yourself into. There are many things you will need to cut out and a lot of them reside in the foods you are accustomed to eating right now. You will need to read labels and learn about the food you choose to purchase.
- Come up with a plan. There are going to be last minute dinners and invites, unexpected changes to your schedule and who know what else (especially if you are a mom!) We will have a plan for these things and you will need to be prepared, just in case!
- Sync your calendars. You will need to eliminate many things that you might not even think are causing you a problem, but to be sure, we will need to eliminate them all. If you are going out of town or have plans to attend a wedding or party and you need to have special food, you will want to realize this before the event so you can be prepared!
- This is also a good time to explain what you are doing with your friends and family. The more support you have the better and if they know what you are doing, they will most likely ask you about it in a supportive way and maybe even want to participate with you!
- Do it! Sign up, get the tools and start the planning process. You will most likely need to go shopping, create a plan, start a food journal, and join the support group. I will be there every step, so please reach out! Participate in the conversation and group calls. If you need more support, sign up for private calls with me. (Or if you are local, lets get together and go shopping, plan or even meal prep together!)
- Track everything. Keep a journal, share your experiences with the group and help others who may need it. You may experience side effects from cutting things out (processed food with tons of sugar actually have a physical affect on the brain and will cause withdrawals like quitting tobacco!) Expect these things and be ready when they hit. (I’ll be there to help you through this part, too!)
- Follow the plan. Don’t cheat. You could undo all the progress you have made. The temptations will get less and less appealing the farther along you get, but please recognize that 1 month will not undo lifetime’s worth of bad habits. Go in knowing this is a new beginning but that you will need to commit to see the results you want and push on, you got this!
- Add it back in! Keep journaling and follow the instructions when you are adding things back in. If you notice anything but a normal reaction. Take that item out and leave it out! Go to the next thing and the next thing until you have eliminated the things that do not agree with you and have identified the things that are OK with you.
- Enjoy feeling amazing. You have identified the good, the bad and the ugly! Make sure you are listening to your body and that you continue to eat only things that serve you. You can indulge every now and then, do not deprive yourself. However, now that you know how it feels to feel great, don’t ruin it. A little treat here and there, in moderation is all you need. Chances are you won’t crave the salt/sugar/etc. and when you have it, it will be too much!
- Share your testimony. Your story might inspire someone else to take control of their diet and health!
Please let me know what I can do to help support you on this journey! You can book a free 45 minute consultation with me by going to “work with me” above.
Love and Support